Organizing a Special Session
Participants interested in organizing a special session as part of IALCCE2016 are welcome to submit a proposal to the symposium organizers by August 1, 2015. Prospective session organizers
should consider the following items prior to submitting the proposal:
- There are typically five presentations in a single session;
- Speakers should be selected primarily for their current contributions to the topic area;
- A session organizer may speak as part of the session that he/she is organizing;
- Sessions are discouraged in which most of the speakers come from the same organization or if all co-authors of the papers in a session are from the same organization.
Special Session themes
Participants are free to propose topics for special sessions. Previous years typical IALCCE topics included:
The theme of the IALCCE2016 conference is: Civil engineering from a life-cycle perspective. The symposium will devote special attention to meet the following four objectives:
- (a) better control on asset performance over the life-cycle;
- (b) better value over the life-cycle;
- (c) in control of asset-related risks; and
- (d) reducing the environmental impact to society.
We would like the participants to pay attention to the relevance of these objectives. Contributions focusing on at least one of these objectives are particularly welcome.
Preparation of the Proposal
The Special Session Organizer(s) should provide the following information:
- Title: Describe the subject of the session as accurately and specifically as possible in not more than 10 words.
- Organizer: Provide the full name, title, affiliation, address, email address, and telephone number.Summary: Describe the special session in not more than 100 words. The summary should be written to attract those who specifically work on the topic as well as those who work in related areas. Based on experience, the following outline is suggested:
- Explain the problem area to be addressed by the speakers and why it is important;
- Identify current directions of research and methods being developed to solve problems;
- Describe the scope of the session.
- Speakers: Provide the full name, title, affiliation, address, and email address of each speaker and the title of his/her presentation.
Submitting the Proposal
If you are interested in organizing a special session as part of IALCCE2016, please send your proposal, containing the above information, via email to the symposium scientific secretariat at: email@example.com” by August 1, 2015. In the subject of the email message, please indicate “IALCCE2016 SPECIAL SESSION PROPOSAL”.